Servicing in South Essex

This where you can talk about dealers, main agents and independents. Give praise as well as criticism. (If deserved)

Moderator: Moderators

SuperTed
'BMW Club' Member

Servicing in South Essex

Post by SuperTed » 15 Jul 2023 12:21

Well I have now had it confirmed by Russ Small that Bemer Bikes have had to move from their workshop in Woodford Green due to the council redeveloping the site. The new workshop is in Snetterton, Norfolk.
They are good people and ace mechanics, particularly with BMW’s, but they are now almost 90 miles and 2 hours from my gaff. Which is a bit far for a minor service.
Since I have no wish to pay the extortionate hourly rate at an official dealer I am hoping someone will know of an independent mechanic in the south Essex / East London area.
Before anyone says Jap and German (my first thought as well) they have also moved. They are now in Isleworth, West London. Which might be half the distance but is only about 15 minutes quicker; and is also a right pain to get to from Romford.
So independent mechanic, South Essex / East London. Recommendations?

SuperTed
'BMW Club' Member

Re: Servicing in South Essex

Post by SuperTed » 05 Nov 2023 21:14

Having had an issue with the 800GS (which included being breakdown serviced home from the Copdock Show, and having a non-working bike for a week or four) I got it fixed at S&D Motorcycles in South Weald. The place I bought my Chinese Zontes 350. The two bonuses are that they’re only 5.5 miles from my house, and their workshop charges are about half what an official dealer charges. So they are getting it for the next service, in around 2000 miles, and we will see how it goes from there.

Return to “Dealers and Servicing”