The New Forum - change in procedures

Updates affecting the forum membership

Moderator: Moderators

John King
Forum Administrator

The New Forum - change in procedures

Post by John King » 07 Oct 2023 10:41

Thanks to the sterling work by Dik Langan the new forum has been up and running for several months now. Personally it has taken me a few of those months to get familiar with it but now it is looking better and getting easier to live with..

There have been a few little niggles along the way and one is the number of attempted 'SPAM' registrations that the new software attracted. We have our ways of preventing the vast majority of them, plus ways and means of filtering out those who do manage to squeeze past. At first we were getting up to 10 per day! So far to date, there have been in excess of 240 attempts (and they are still coming) but as far as we know, non have managed to gain access. However if anyone does see a post that does not look 'right,' can you please contact me on my Club E Mail or by phone which are both listed in the journal and I or other admins will look at it. They have little or no interest in motorcycles and only register to create mischief!

It has been decided that with so few genuine registrations taking place during the night, (1 in 6 months) new registrations for both Club and Non Club members, are now closed off between 10pm and 8am, but the forum will remain accessible to read and reply to, for all registered members to use 24/7.

Finally a reminder, the requirement to log on at least once or twice in 12 months after registering to avoid an account being closed. This is still required under the GDPR Regs of 2018 & 2021. Just going onto the site to look as a 'guest', will not generate the necessary electronic signal to show that you have been there, you must physically log on.

Regards to all members

John King

Return to “Forum News and update”