world wide travel insurance

Found a good deal ? got a firm that does multi-bike policies ? been hassled or refused insurance ? - Tell us all here.

Moderator: Moderators

paulmarsden
'BMW Club' Member

world wide travel insurance

Post by paulmarsden » 31 Jul 2023 11:27

Hi, just found out that my Admiral travel insurance (annual multi trip world wide) can’t be renewed with motorcycle riding included as I’m now over 65!
Can anyone suggest an alternative provider?
Thanks in advance,
Paul.

AndrewP
Forum member

Re: world wide travel insurance

Post by AndrewP » 31 Jul 2023 15:20

I'm with LV, maybe worth a look. Motorcycling is covered, although mine isn't worldwide & I was a youthful 63 when I took out the policy

https://www.lv.com/travel-insurance
Regards

Andrew

Paul Wakefield
'BMW Club' Member

Post by Paul Wakefield » 01 Aug 2023 06:47

Also with LV. Single trip policies have no age limit but do restrict the maximum period according to age (max 90 days from 65 -79 and max 31 days for 80+). Annual policies are available until 79. Worldwide cover is available subject to the usual restrictions.
Paul

paulmarsden
'BMW Club' Member

Post by paulmarsden » 05 Aug 2023 09:20

hi all,
Got sorted in the end.
went with INSURE AND GO , world wide annual with hazardous activities (motorcycle) included.
a very reasonable (I thought)£325.

John King
Forum Administrator

Post by John King » 05 Aug 2023 11:43

I too am with LV and they were quite happy to insure me and my K1100 for a years multi trip cover and I am approaching 79! (Something I don't normally mention) I have a couple of medical conditions which were declared and they were quite happy with the history The cover for a year was £156 or thereabouts.

They stipulate for bikes up to 125cc you must wear a helmet and have a valid licence.

For bikes over 125cc you must wear a helmet and full motorcycle safety riding equipment, and of course a valid licence. They don't specify what exactly, but I take it to mean gloves, jacket and trousers with protective armour on knees, shoulders and elbows, plus of course boots and a helmet. There is no mention of Riders airbags!

They have a few exceptions to the usual EU places you are covered for such as Cyprus, Malta the Canaries and Balearics. This price is about double the last time I paid for insurance with the Post Office (2019) who now won't cover above 125cc.

( I was speaking to a rider in Newcastle a short while ago who had just returned from a trip the Sicily on a new Honda 125cc super cub. A total distance of close on 5800 miles and 2 months away. So you can do touring on a small bike.)

Return to “Insurance”